'Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.'
Art and design Vision Statement
“Developing self-expression, creativity and the ability to interpret the world around us as global citizens”.
Art is a foundation subject of the National Curriculum and an important part of developing our children’s ability to develop their individual creativity, express their ideas and understanding and to work both individually and collaboratively with others. Each year group plans art lessons, which aim to ensure that children are able to develop key skills using specific media. Our aim is to ensure that children are confident approaching artwork, feel a strong sense of achievement, value the impact of art within our own lives and are able to reach their full potential.
Through our Art and Design curriculum we aim to
· Enable children to respond to various stimulus to explore their own ideas and to use a range of media to represent these through their work.
· To teach children how to use and control a range of media.
· To plan progression throughout the school to ensure children to extend and develop their skills, understanding, knowledge and vocabulary in art and design.
· To ensure that children are “proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.”
· To foster an appreciation of the visual arts and the work of artists, craftspeople and designers through time.
· To ensure children’s become aware of the role and purpose of art and design within other parts of the curriculum. our own lives, through history and within different religions, beliefs and cultures.