The children will be taught to:
- Identify that animals, including humans, need the right types and amount of nutrition, and that they cannot make their own food; they get nutrition from what they eat
- Identify that humans and some other animals have skeletons and muscles for support, protection and movement.
- Describe the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans
- Identify the different types of teeth in humans and their simple functions
- Construct and interpret a variety of food chains, identifying producers, predators and prey.
Here are some useful websites:
BBC Bitesize - Animals