We take the health and well-being of our staff and pupils very seriously here at Botley. The following information is the latest advice sent to school by the Local Authority.
Flu and coronavirus (COVID-19) are likely increase in frequency during the Autumn Term. Other infectious diseases such as scarlet fever, which is caused by group A streptococcus, and Chicken Pox also continue to be reported.
It’s important to minimise the spread of infection in schools and other education and childcare settings as much as possible:
• If a child is unwell and has a fever over 38º, they should stay home from school or nursery until they feel better, and the fever has resolved.
• Teach children the importance of good hand hygiene, practice regular handwashing with soap and warm water.
• Catch coughs and sneezes in tissues then bin them is another simple way to help stop illness from spreading.
• Adults should also try to stay home when unwell and if they do have to go out, wear a face covering. When unwell don’t visit healthcare settings or visit vulnerable people unless urgent.
• Remember that flu vaccination is still available for all eligible groups and is the best protection against the virus.
Parent Information Translations
The following files contain translations of health information for parents for you to download.