Keep Calm and Keep Learning
We understand that this is a worrying time. Here are a few ideas that you can do at home so that your child can continue their learning despite the current disruption.
- Share books – read together daily, play games and puzzles
- Mark making outside with chalks or water and brushes
- Help your child to practise writing their name (using a capital letter for only the initial letter)
- Washing up in the sink with bubbles and sponges/flannels (washing anything!)
- Cooking together
- Cornflour and water
- Bug hunt in the garden
- I spy games e.g. can you find something that begins with an ‘a’ or do this with colours or shapes
- Make playdough (various simple recipes can be found online)
- Nature art in the garden (create pictures using things found outside)
- Every day and self-help tasks e.g. dressing selves, matching pairs of socks when doing the laundry, laying the table for meals, sorting and tidying toys etc.
We would love to see the fun you have together during this time, please share on Tapestry.
https://theimaginationtree.com/category/activities/ (variety of activities)
The author Oliver Jeffers is reading one of his stories each day at 6pm. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
- Counting – practice counting real objects saying one number for each item. At first practice counting them in a straight line and then in an arrangement.
- Can you spot numbers and shapes in the environment?
- Recognising and ordering – Can you practice recognising and ordering numbers? Can you do this with numbers to 10?
We are just starting to practise some Yoga in Nursery. The website we will be using is: www.cosmickids.com
In addition, Twinkl have generously made all their resources available for a month, free of charge! Their website is www.twinkl.co.uk/offer Enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS