Down to Earth - Rainbow Experiment
- You will need a glass of water, a sheet of white paper and a sunny day or torch.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with water.
- If you are using sunlight, place the glass so that it is half on and half off the edge of a table, and so that the sun shines directly through the water, onto a sheet of white paper on the floor.
- Adjust the paper and the glass until a rainbow forms on the paper.
- If you are using a flashlight, place the glass of water on the white piece of paper, and move the flashlight around until you see a rainbow on the piece of paper
Light is made up of many colours, and when it passes through water, it is broken up into the other colours seen in a rainbow.