- Be an explorer of the world! Spend 15 minutes outside observing the world around you. Write about what you notice most.
- Write a short story about a summer thunderstorm.
- Write a story or poem in which nature is the main character rather than just a setting.
- Find out about David Attenborough, Joy Adamson or another famous naturalist. Write a biography about them and how they have helped the natural world.
- Write a poem inspired by nature and illustrate it. See the selection of poems with illustrations in our Books to Share folder for ideas.
- Create an information poster or fact-file about a favourite animal. Think carefully about how you would like to present your work to make it both eye-catching and informative. Find more information about animals in the Useful Weblinks folder.
- Here are a number of questions we would love you to answer:
- Would you rather experience your favourite season all year long or experience different seasons throughout the year? Why?
- What is your favourite season? Why?
- When you go outside, which of your senses (sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch) are you most thankful to have? Why?
- What can we do to better protect our natural world?
- What is your favourite type of weather? Why?